The Garvey Education Association
The Garvey Teachers Association was in 1935. It was originally founded as a tea club. The Association even purchased their own tea set.
Under the Whiton Act, the Association and the District followed the “meet and confer” provisions with the main power of negotiations on the side of the District.
On May 18, 2976, under the Rodda Act, the Garvey Teachers Association became the exclusive bargaining agent for the teachers, nurses, speech pathologists and psychologists.
1977, the Garvey Teachers Association became the
Garvey Education Association.
Officers and Committee Chairs